Hemorrhoids formally known as piles in the people called “sedentary” disease – and not without reason. More often than not, this unpleasant disease affects representatives of professions forced to spend most of the time on the “fifth point” without the possibility to take a break for “physical exercise” and warm up. If even after the end of the day’s work, a person seeks to adopt the habitual position on the couch quickly, hemorrhoids will not take long to wait.
Hemorrhoids and Exercises to prevent it
A sedentary lifestyle is a proven factor in the development of hemorrhoids. Stretching and protrusion of the walls of the veins of the hemorrhoidal plexus are due to poor blood circulation in the pelvic region, which is facilitated by “sedentary” work and insufficient physical activity.
Constant stagnation, formed in the rectal area, provoking the formation of nodes – vascular “pockets” with dense blood, which eventually inflame and bleed, cause pain – with external hemorrhoids, and when internal – fall out of the anus.
The second factor, which adversely affects the condition of anal veins, is chronic constipation. Weak intestinal peristalsis, sphincter spasms, stool deficit – all these problems can be eliminated if you establish a healthy diet and help the body get rid of digestive products, “whipping” the intestines with motor activity. A lack of constipation is a prerequisite for effective therapy and prevention of hemorrhoids.
Many patients with hemorrhoids mistakenly believe that with this disease the road to the gym is closed to them. Its a common misconception. In fact, during the period of remission, it is possible and necessary to do sports, the main thing is to choose the right lessons. At the time of exacerbation, of course, not before training, but if the doctor does not prescribe strict bed rest, a light walk or warm-up will not prevent, and therapeutic gymnastics can be done even lying down.
Physical exercises with hemorrhoids: what can and can not be done
Patients with hemorrhoids need to “head first” to approach sports activity. Not all classes are equally useful: many of them can severely aggravate the situation, and some physical exercises with hemorrhoids are directly contraindicated.
First of all, it concerns the power load; movements that provoke an increase in intra-abdominal pressure; overstrain of the muscles of the lower body.
Here we will refer:
- weight training with large weights;
- exercises associated with a high load on the muscles of the press: twisting, lifting legs, tilting forward and back;
- deep squats;
- sharp feet with legs.
It is necessary to be engaged, sensitively listening to the condition and carrying out following recommendations:
1. During exercises, it is forbidden to hold your breath – this helps increase pressure in the abdominal cavity.
2. Movements should be carried out smoothly, without sharp jerks.
3. Begin with a minimum load, gradually increasing the number of repetitions, the intensity of the session.
4. Eliminate the exercises that cause you soreness in the rectal area.
Extreme sports, biking, rowing, horseback riding are those activities that are conditionally permitted for hemorrhoids, that is, it is possible, but with extreme caution and only if there is a stable remission. When the disease worsens, this kind of activities is completely contraindicated.
Recommended for hemorrhoids types of motor activity are mainly to cardiovascular. This is sport walking, easy running, swimming, classic skis – all those activities that “disperse” blood, strengthen the cardiovascular system and at the same time do not give a significant load associated with overstrain of the muscles of the abdomen and pelvis.
Gymnastics, explicitly aimed at restoring the tone of the pelvic floor muscles, normalizing blood circulation in this area and preventing stagnant phenomena, is shown to all patients with hemorrhoids, regardless of the exacerbation and stage of the disease.
Therapeutic exercises with hemorrhoids
Effective treatment of hemorrhoids is impossible without an integrated approach. Its essential components are diet, medical methods, and therapeutic gymnastics. The main purpose of a particular charge is to restore the lost tone to the muscles of the rectum and anal sphincter, to activate the blood flow. This will strengthen the hemorrhoidal vessels, eliminate stagnation in the veins, normalize defecation, get rid of constipation.
Exercises for the treatment of hemorrhoids are essential to do systematically. Otherwise, they will be useless. On a pure complex, it is necessary to allocate only 10 – 15 minutes of free time, the main thing is to study every day, and the effect will be felt after a few weeks.
It is advisable to perform the complex after defecation, anesthetizing hemorrhoid cones if they disturb and interfere with exercise. For this, it is enough to take a warm bath and lubricate the knots with a special ointment with an anesthetic.
Regular sessions help alleviate the symptoms of hemorrhoids, remove swelling and inflammation, accelerate the end of exacerbation. During the unexplained course of the disease, the gymnastics must be continued. In combination with proper nutrition and the implementation of the doctor’s recommendations, it will allow, if not to get rid of the nodes altogether, then at least make the exacerbations rarer – this is quite real.
Exercises for the prevention of hemorrhoids are aimed at preventing relapses, and for those with an anal vein varicose just beginning – will help stop the progression of pathology and its transition to more massive forms.
Complex exercises for the treatment of hemorrhoids
All exercises for the treatment of hemorrhoids are performed smoothly, without delaying breathing and sudden movements. When discomfort appears in the rectum and perianal zone, the number of repetitions should be reduced, and the appearance of painful sensations – the signal to stop.
1. Scissors. Lay down on the gym mat. From the prone position on the back, lift the straight legs at an angle of 45 °. Slowly spread your legs apart, then draw them crosswise. Do 50 repetitions.
2. Vertical scissors. The starting position is as in the previous exercise. Raise the legs in the vertical plane: one leg up, the second – to the floor, on each account changing the position of the legs. The number of repetitions is 50.
3. Iron. The situation is the same. Fix the straight legs raised at 45 ° from the floor in a fixed position for 30 seconds. Do it several times, with each repetition increasing the delay time.
4. Deflection. Lie on your back straight, hands – along the trunk in the elongated state. Slowly lift the pelvis from the floor, stay in this position, squeezing the buttocks. Go down to the floor, repeat the exercise 50 times.
5. The cat. Stand on all fours. At the expense of 1 – 4 – round the back, as the cat bends, into the account 5 – 8 slowly bend the lower back down. Do it 100 times.
6. Birch. From the prone position, raise your legs up at a right angle. Slowly lift the pelvis, supporting it with your hands, legs – are stretched up. In this position, hold on as long as you can. Exercise contributes to the outflow of stagnant blood, restores venous circulation . It is recommended for all types of varicose veins.
7. Walking on the buttocks. Sit on the floor with legs outstretched. Strain the muscles, lift one buttock and move it forward. The next move is to make a “step” on the other side. Thus, move around the room on the buttocks for 10 – 15 minutes. Do not help yourself with your legs – they must be without movement.
8. The marching. Walk on the spot, lifting your knees high at an acute angle, that is, above the level of the buttocks. You can complicate the exercise if you lower your working leg, crossing it with the supporting leg, while moving forward in small steps. Walk this way for a few minutes.
9. Twisting the pelvis. Take the knee-elbow position. Tilt the pelvis and hips in one side and the other, trying to touch the floor. Do 10 times in each direction. Then go up on all fours and repeat the same exercise, leaning on the palm of your hand.
10. Cutting Scissors. Repeat the scissors exercise by lifting your legs as high as possible and spreading them to the sides as wide as possible. It is enough to do 20 times.
The complex can be performed at any age and with any physical fitness. Exercise is better combined with light cardio loads – jogging, excellent walking, for the more efficient training of blood vessels and normalization of blood circulation.
With injuries and diseases of the spine, gymnastics on the floor should be conducted with caution and only after consulting with the orthopedist, compound exercises – replaced with lightweight options. Movements with slopes, lifting the pelvis and legs from the prone position is not recommended for ladies during menstruation.
Kegel exercises with hemorrhoids
Gymnastics, developed by the doctor-gynecologist Kegel, is considered the best way to strengthen the entire pelvic floor. Initially, it was used to restore women after childbirth, to treat and prevent urinary incontinence, the omission of organs.
Now, these simple but incredibly effective exercises are prescribed for men – with prostatitis, erectile dysfunction, and also recommend people of any gender and age to tone the gluteus muscles, lower press, genitourinary organs and hemorrhoid treatment.
Kegel exercises with hemorrhoids contribute to strengthening the muscles of the anal sphincter, improving the condition of veins and rectum walls, the outflow of stagnant blood. Regular performance of gymnastics can significantly reduce the frequency of relapses, prevent the prolapse of hemorrhoid cones from the anus, reduce the size of the nodes.
Yrazhneniya Kegel should be done every day, except during periods of severe worsening of hemorrhoids with acute inflammation of the nodes, bleeding, loss of cones.
It is essential to learn how to carry out pelvic muscle contractions properly. By their mechanism, they are similar to attempts to interrupt urination or to keep intestinal gases until the time of emptying. At first, it is advisable to do exercises lying on the floor – it will be easier to strain the right muscles without using the rest.
Lie on your back. Legs bend in the knees and put on the floor. Cut the pelvic muscles, so that you feel how the sphincter contracts and the anus are drawn into the rectum. Hold on for 3 seconds and relax. Gradually increase the reduction time (from 10 – 15 seconds to a minute), the period of relaxation remains the same.
Do exercises four times each day, in each approach – 10 exercises Kegel. When you learn to feel those muscles that you need to strain, and you no longer need to isolate them for proper performance, the “recumbent” gymnastics can be replaced by sitting and standing exercises. Thus, you can study at any time, anywhere: at home, at work, in transport – because the tension of the perineal muscles is not visible to others. Over time, the exercises can be modified, varying the speed of contractions, the frequency, the duration of the delay, the force of retraction.
Exercises for the treatment of hemorrhoids
Another gymnastics that has proved its effectiveness in the fight against hemorrhoids. Exercises performed during classes are aimed at eliminating stagnant phenomena throughout the body, and in the small pelvis – especially.
The correct execution of the exercise involves all the muscles, including the anal sphincter and perineum, accelerates stagnation and normalizes the blood flow. Some exercises use the same principles that are laid down in the Kegel complex – sequential tension and relaxation of the muscles of the anus.
Here are some exercises for beginners in health-improving purposes, you can do it yourself, at home, without forgetting about caution:
- It is necessary, to begin with, the most straightforward poses, and only after their mastering to proceed to the complex;
- During the exercise, follow the breath: it should be smooth, calm, without delay;
- when hemorrhoids are not recommended “sedentary” poses and exercises that create pressure in the abdominal cavity.
People without physical training for conservative treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids will do the following exercises:
1. The pose of the mountain. In the standing position, spread your legs slightly, straighten and stretch your knees. Pull the buttocks and stomach, push the pelvis forward and up. Try to pull the entire body into a string, but do not strain your neck and face.
Raise your hands vertically up, rise on the toes, maximally stretch the spine and all the muscles. Go down and relax. During the ascent, take a deep breath, a short delay, while relaxing – exhale. Exercise eliminates stagnation in the pelvis, activates intestinal peristalsis. Before you start, drink a glass of water.
2. A folding tree. From standing position and stretching as far as possible, do incline one by one. The pelvis and legs should be fixed, and the inclinations are carried out only at the expense of the waist. Make 12 times left and right. Exercise stimulates digestion.
3. Rotation. Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, pull one hand in front of you, the other – bend at the elbow, touching the forearms with your fingers. Make a turn in the direction of the outstretched hand, pulling it back. As in the previous asana, the exercise is done at the expense of the waist muscles, without using the legs and the pelvis. 12 turns in each direction help to adjust peristalsis and get rid of constipation.
4. Rotate the cobra. Spread your legs 30 cm and get up on your toes. Unfold the shoulders together with the head to the side and back, turn all the upper body until you catch the heel of the opposite leg. Go back and repeat the other way, just 12 times there and back.
5. Massage of the abdomen. Sit on your heels, hands on your knees. Make a right turn, the left knee at this time tilt to the floor. Similarly – in the opposite direction. While performing asanas, try to look back and twist the body as much as possible – so the organs inside the abdominal cavity and pelvis will receive a good massage. Again for 12 times in each direction. The pose actively fights with constipation.
6. The root lock. This asana is the usual exercise of Kegel from standing position. Ten times retract the anus with a delay of 10 – 15 seconds. For the day make 3 – 4 approaches.
This simple complex for beginners is an excellent tool for the prevention and treatment of hemorrhoids. If you master easy exercises and decide to move on to the next stage, it is better to do this under the guidance of the instructor, since the load will grow, and it will be difficult to perform complicated postures without help properly.
Whatever classes you choose, remember that any physical activity is better than not having it. The maximum effect in treatment can be achieved if you combine health-improving exercises that complexly affect the entire body, with prophylactic gymnastics for strengthening the muscles of the small pelvis – choose any suitable complex for you from above and forward – to get rid of hemorrhoids!