Frog exercises are familiar to us from childhood memories. Remember, in the garden or in the school days, among other moving games. We rushed forward, bouncing up from the sitting position and helping ourselves push off from the floor with our hands and feet at the same time?
Frog exercises are a more serious element of physical activity than a game version for kids. But it is also suitable for children.
There are four types of exercises in this category which are, frog jump exercises lep frog exercises log frog logic and frog leg exercises. These are the most famous leg stretching exercises formally known as frog exercises that people do in their daily exercise routine.
How we can properly do it, what with the regular performance of its benefits on our body and what kinds of exercises it exists. You can find some suitable info.
What muscles are involved in Frog exercises?
First of all – the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall, small pelvis, oblique abdominal muscles, buttock and all muscles supporting the trunk corset, back, starting from the lumbar region to the latissimus. Also, the muscles of the hands are actively working – from the shoulder to the hand.
Five useful exercises of the classic version
1. Strengthening the muscles of the press.
The key to successful exercise is the work of the muscular corset of the trunk with the predominance of the load on the press.
2. Strengthening the muscles of the arms and back, increasing the elasticity of the hips and buttocks.
Hands play the role of a support, which when lifting the feet, the entire weight of the body lifted up falls. So over the time, their strength and ability to withstand the load begins to grow.
Back muscles, thighs and buttocks each time straining at the moment when the legs come off the ground, and also take on the burden of the weight of their own body, strengthening from occupation to occupation.
3. Improving Coordination.
Often newcomers behind the apparent simplicity of the exercise do not see the threat of losing coordination and overestimate their strength. Balancing on the fledgeling hands.
You can not keep the balance, swing forward or backwards and hit the floor with a face or coccyx. With each activity, the work of the vestibular apparatus improves, the concentration of attention increases, you are better able to own your body.
4. Suitable for children.
In the training of children is used as an element of acrobatics. When lifting the torso, the load is taken up by the muscles, but the joints and spine, on the contrary, are unloaded. Therefore, the exercise is beneficial for children suffering from spinal curvature, scoliosis, etc.
5. Promotes weight loss and is indicated for all categories of practitioners.
The basis of the exercise is a static load; its purpose is burning fat, that is, calories, even with a small heart rate. Besides, the pressure of the muscles of the abdomen and the small pelvis stimulates the work of the intestine, the glands of internal secretion.
This leads to a more active metabolism, and as a result – to losing weight in the most natural and useful way. Suitable for people of different ages and levels of physical fitness.
Read also: Tips to improve your legs health
Four variants of movement
Movement with this name exists in the most diverse areas of fitness, sports and even dances, differing in the technique of performance and the emphasis on different muscle groups. We offer acquaintance with some of them.
In the first training, to avoid injury, you need to perform an exercise on the cushioning surface, put a pillow or soft mat.
1. The starting position is to squat, leaning on the palms of the hands and toe socks (this is how the frog sits: hands with spaced fingers inside, knees bent at the feet – outside). Hands slightly bend at the elbows, this will make the load on them softly. The bent knees of the legs should be at the level of the elbows and slightly pressed against them. Look – forward, the whole body, from the head to the coccyx, is diagonal. Take a breath.
2. On the expiration, raise your legs Stretching, tearing them off the floor and combining the soles, as if forming a rhombus with your feet. Lean on the arms slightly bent at the elbows. Your body should make a horizontal line. Hold the raised body for a few seconds.
3. On the inhalation, gently return to the starting position.
The described cycle is one repetition. 10-20 repetitions make up one approach.If you do three sets of 10-20 reps daily, then within 5-6 weeks the result of work on yourself will become apparent and will please you.
You can complete the exercise before holding the position in the ascent from a few seconds to several minutes. This movement is excellent.
Avoid at first too much pressure on your hands and do not open your legs too much when lifting. There is a risk of stretching the muscles of the arms and legs. For the first workouts, a simple knee-to-chest fit is also suitable when the limbs are turn off on the floor.
This kind of twisting from the “Bruce Lee Complex” is often present in fitness programs for women. who are not engaged for the sake of building muscle mass, but want to achieve from the process of training a flat stomach. Its goal is to strengthen and dry the abdominal muscles and at the same time – a small stretch.
Frog Exercise For The Press
1. In The starting position – lying on the back, legs bent at the knees. Open your legs like a book, while joining your feet – a diamond is formed, knees are lowered down, but freely – do not try to press them to the floor. Hands – in position behind the head or crossed on the chest.
2. Press the muscles of the press to lift the upper part of the body, at the top point, stay at two counts, at the bottom – the shoulders momentarily barely touch the floor before the new rise. The muscles of the press are strained continuously, but the knees and neck, as far as possible, are relaxed.
Do 3-4 sets of 15-20 repetitions with a break of 30 seconds.
If the abdominal muscles are weak, during the execution of the complex, press your elbows into the floor behind. It will relieve tension from the waist, too. If the abdominal muscles do not cope with the load, all of its weight is takes the waist itself, and as a result – it is greatly overstrained.
This movement is used widely in gymnastics. Pros of a good stretch of legs – not only in your graceful gait. This gymnastic movement improves the mobility of the hip joints, increases blood circulation in the abdominal cavity and small pelvis, as a consequence – reducing the risk of many diseases. Exercise frog for the buttocks and legs is aimed at stretching the muscles of the inner surface of the thigh. Such a movement helps.
The Executive Sequence:
1. Starting position – standing on all fours, spread the knees to the sides, the shin and thigh – at right angles to each other.
2. Smoothly lower your forearms to the floor, maximally bend your back. Better if you keep feet on the floor in the right position will help a partner in training. Stay in this position for 30 seconds and return to the starting position.
Two approaches for 6-8 repetitions will help improve blood circulation in the muscle tissues of the thighs and groin and increase the flow of oxygen to them. You can do more if you feel that you can.
Variant for beginners, without back deflection. Lie on your back, maximally open your legs, combining the soles. In the groin area – not pain, but a feeling of stretching and warmth.
Important! Do not overdo it with efforts: consider the flexibility and physical preparation of your body. Inappropriate jerks will not be of use, but will lead only to undesirable injuries and will knock you out of the schedule of training.
Regular exercise of this exercise develops flexibility, stretches, strengthens the thighs and buttocks, acts toning on the whole body and balancing – on the hormonal system.
1. Starting position – lay down on the stomach, and make a deflection in the lower back. Hands clasped toes, taking the place of the boat.
2. On exhalation slowly and very gently push your hands on your feet, your heels try to reach the pelvis. If stretch allows, we continue to press until the heels touch the floor. Do not take your hips off the floor. On inhalation – in the starting position.