Coxarthrosis is osteoarthritis of the hip joint. coxarthrosis is a disease in which there is the gradual destruction of the cartilage and deformation of the bone surfaces of the joint. Which eventually leads to a restriction of joint mobility and movement disturbance.
Hearing the diagnosis of ” coxarthrosis of the hip joint, ” the symptoms and treatment of which are mainly due to the degree of development of the disease, first of all, you need to be armed with patience and the desire to defeat the disease.
A successful result requires the complex implementation of all medical measures, the main role of which is given to therapeutic gymnastics.
Symptomatology of The Disease
Most often, coxarthrosis of the joints is affected by people after forty years. The probability of developing the disease in men and women is almost the same, but women suffer it more difficult.
The disease develops gradually, causing at first only minor pain in the groin or the affected hip. Over time, the pain intensifies, and joint mobility is limited.
Symptoms of Coxarthrosis of The Hip Joint Include:
- pain in the thigh, inguinal region;
- the stiffness of the hip joint (it becomes challenging to tighten the knee to the abdomen, move the leg to the side);
- crunching in the joint while walking;
- atrophy of the muscles of the diseased thigh;
Sometimes the symptoms of coxarthrosis of the hip joint are confused with signs of lumbar injuries. The pain can cause coxarthrosis of the joint does not reach the toes, as happens with the lumbar injuries, but falls to the knee, but more often to the middle of the hip along the front or side of its surface.
It is due to the atrophy of the hip muscles. Sometimes the pain in the knee becomes more pronounced than the pain in the groin or thigh.
Noticing such symptoms, you should seek help from a rheumatologist or an orthopedist because only doctors can give a correct assessment of pain and the symptoms accompanying it, and then put an accurate diagnosis.
Stages that can cause the disease
There are three stages of joint coxarthrosis:
1 degree. Pain with coxarthrosis of the 1st degree is periodic and often occurs after intense physical exertion. Such as running or fast walking, and pass after rest.
The mobility of the joint and muscle does not change. On the X-ray, small growths of the bone are already noticeable, although they do not go beyond the boundaries of the joint lip.
2 degree. The pain in the joint becomes more intense, begin to be given to the groin and thigh area, while the physical activity does not affect the onset of pain since it can break out spontaneously in a state of rest. When walking for a long time, limping is observed.
The mobility of the joint is limited; especially it becomes difficult to lift the leg to the abdomen or divert it to the side. Weaken the muscles responsible for the hip extension/ joints.
An X-ray photograph indicates a well-marked growth of the bone along both edges of the acetabulum.
3 degree. A person was suffering from coxarthrosis of the third-degree pains constantly and even during night rest. Walking without a cane is very difficult.
The mobility of the joints is severely limited, and the muscles of the thigh, buttocks and tibia do not cope with the functions assigned to them and atrophy.
The leg from the patient side is markedly shortened. The radiograph shows significant growth of bone from the roof of the acetabulum and the head of the femur. The joint gap is narrowed even more.
Treatment of The Coxarthrosis
Defeating coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the symptoms and treatment of which depend on the degree of its development, can be nonsurgical and surgical ways.
Treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint without surgery is possible at the first and second degrees of the disease and involves the implementation of a set of therapeutic measures:
- reduction of loads on the hip joint;
- elimination of pain,
- removal of spasm of muscles,
- activation of articular cartilage nutrition and articular fluid production;
- high-calory food ;
If coxarthrosis of joints has reached the third degree, then surgical intervention is inevitable, and the treatment implies joint prosthetics and constant intake of medicines aimed at stopping the development of pathological processes.
It is important to remember that the treatment of joint coxortosis takes time and complex application of all the above-listed measures while following the recommendations prescribed by an experienced doctor.
Medical gymnastics LIKE frog exercises in coxarthrosis Treatment
Before starting to perform gymnastic exercises, you need to familiarise yourself with the requirements for their implementation, so as not to harm yourself even more:
coxarthrosis exercises and Treatment
1. If severe pain is felt during the exercise, the activity must be stopped immediately. Painful sensations should be natural.
2. All movements must be done smoothly.
3. Exercises with coxarthrosis should be done daily.
4. During the exercise, you need to breathe smoothly, without holding your breath.
5. First, all the exercises are performed 3-5 times, gradually bringing up to 10 repetitions.
At the initial stage of development of coxarthrosis, a useful set of Frog exercises will be helpful:
1. Lying on the back, first bend the leg in the knee, and then level it.
2. Lying on your back, the leg is clasped with both hands under the knee and pulls it to the stomach, while the second leg remained elongated and pressed to the floor.
3. Lying on the back, one leg is bent at the knee, and holds it in this position with the opposite hand.
4. Lying on the abdomen, the leg is bent at an angle of 90 degrees and lifted it up.
5. Lying on the abdomen, an even leg is raised slightly upward and held in this position for about 1-2 minutes, then smoothly lowered.
6. Lying on your stomach, and straighten your leg slowly raised at the height of 20 cm from the floor, and then slowly lowered.
7. Lying on the back, both legs bend at the knees, strain the buttocks and raise the pelvis as much as possible.
8. Sitting, The legs are pressed against each other, while in the knees and the area of the feet they are bent at right angles. From this position, they begin to dilute the heels outward maximally.
9. Sitting on the chair, the feet are pressed tightly to the floor, and between the knees fix the ball and squeeze it.
The first six exercises are performed alternately for each leg. Between exercises, it is necessary to make a small break.